Following a long summer, which included celebrations for our 90th anniversary, we are pleased to announce the schedule for 2022/23 season matches has now been published.
Six clubs will be competing in a mixed league, whilst three clubs will be competing in our women’s league. Old Parish have pulled out of the league for the 2022/23 season, citing lack of players available. Competing clubs this year will be:
- Eaglesham – Mixed
- Netherlee – Mixed
- Newton Mearns – Mixed and Ladies
- Newlands South – Mixed and Ladies (joint team with Shawlands Trinity)
- Orchardhill – Mixed (two teams) and Ladies
- Shawlands Trinity – Mixed and Ladies (joint team with Newlands South)
All upcoming matches can be found by visiting our events page: www.langsidebadminton.co.uk/events
The women’s league will kick off the season beginning on Thursday 13 October 2022 and ending on Tuesday 28 February 2023. Our mixed league starts Thursday 27 October 2022 and concludes on Monday 20 March 2023.
We are looking at the possibility of piloting a gents doubles league this season, and club captains are speaking with their teams to see if we could have enough interested parties to run this. More information to follow soon.
The draw for our Langside Cups was also made, with the following quarter finals scheduled to take place before the end of December:
- Orchardhill A v. Eaglesham
- Orchardhill B v. Shawlands Trinity
- Newlands South v. Old Parish
- Newton Mearns v. Netherlee
The season will conclude with our annual end-of-season tournament, Thornlee, which is provisionally booked to take place on Saturday 6 May. We will provide further information about this during the season.