The Langside and District Churches Badminton League – also known as the Langside League – is a competitive badminton league located in Glasgow’s south side. You can read more about the history of the league here.
Eight clubs currently make up the Langside League. There are two mixed divisions, each made up of four teams, and a ladies division consisting of four teams:
- Eaglesham Badminton Club (Mixed)
- Greenbank Badminton Club (Mixed)
- Netherlee Badminton Club (Mixed)
- Newlands South Badminton Club (Women’s with Shawlands Trinity & Mixed)
- Newton Mearns Badminton Club (Women’s & Mixed)
- Old Parish Badminton Club (Women’s & Mixed)
- Orchardhill Badminton Club (Women’s & Two Mixed)
- Shawlands Trinity Badminton Club (Women’s with Newlands South & Mixed)
Most of our clubs also offer social club nights for members and would welcome you to join. You can find out contact details and further information on the ‘Clubs’ page.
We also welcome new clubs in the south side of Glasgow to join the league. Get in touch to have a chat about registering your club with the league.
We also have a competitive club, East Kilbride Badminton Club, that offers more advanced club players in the league the opportunity to play in tournaments and competitive leagues in the west of Scotland.
|League Convenor||Claire Rae|
|Match Convenor||Keegan Friel|
|Social Convenor||Stephen Hendry|
|Club captains||Graham Elliott (Newlands South – Mixed)|
David Evans (Netherlee)
Alex Fletcher (Orchardhill – Women)
Keegan Friel (Orchardhill – Mixed)
Stephen Hendry (Eaglesham)
Catherine Kerrins (Newton Mearns – Women)
Ally Kirkwood (Greenbank)
Moira Liddell (Shawlands/Newlands – Women)
David Mair (Newton Mearns – Mixed)
Claire Rae (Old Parish)
Emma Sherry (Shawlands Trinity – Mixed)