While we continue to wait for confirmation of the return to play, we have scheduled match and tournament dates for the 2021/22 season.
These dates are provisional and only to be used as a guide for the moment to allow Langside clubs to plan towards a return to normality.
The 2021/22 season will begin on Monday 4 October 2021 and end on Thursday 17 March 2022. We have been working closely with the Glasgow & District Churches Badminton Association to make sure there is enough time between matches for clubs that play in both Langside and Glasgow Churches clubs, and to ensure there are no clashes of matches being scheduled on the same night.
You can view match dates for each club by visiting the following links:
- Eaglesham – www.langsidebadminton.co.uk/eaglesham
- Greenbank – www.langsidebadminton.co.uk/greenbank
- Netherlee – www.langsidebadminton.co.uk/netherlee
- Newlands South – www.langsidebadminton.co.uk/newlands
- Newton Mearns – www.langsidebadminton.co.uk/newtonmearns
- Old Parish – www.langsidebadminton.co.uk/oldparish
- Orchardhill – www.langsidebadminton.co.uk/orchardhill
- Shawlands Trinity – www.langsidebadminton.co.uk/shawlands
Following the decision to cancel Thornlee for two years in a row, we are feeling very hopeful we can bring back the popular tournament in 2022.
To help us plan in advance and to give as much notice as possible, we have scheduled the dates for the qualifying events and finals day:
- Monday 25 April 2022 — Women’s Singles Qualifiers
- Tuesday 26 April 2022 — Balloted Mixed Doubles Qualifiers
- Thursday 28 April 2022 — Men’s Doubles Qualifiers
- Monday 2 May 2022 — Women’s Doubles Qualifiers
- Tuesday 3 May 2022 — Mixed Doubles Qualifiers
- Thursday 4 May 2022 — Men’s Singles Qualifiers
- Saturday 6 May 2022 — Finals Day
Full information about Thornlee can be found by visiting www.langsidebadminton.co.uk/thornlee.